Add

Add

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Pats Zborovskiy named to Team Russia

Photo Credit: Keith Hershmiller Photography
The 2015 CHL Canada-Russia Series will include a Regina Pats flavour on November 9th and 10th. Defenceman Sergey Zborovskiy has been selected to represent his country against Team WHL in Kelowna and Kamloops.

Zborovskiy says it's quite an honour. "I am so excited to be on the roster for this team going to Kelowna and Kamloops. Always fun playing games against Canada because it is the big hockey country. I think it will be fun, I am so excited to be on the Russian team."

Zborovskiy is off to a great start to his second WHL season. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the New York Rangers this summer and through 12 games he leads all Pats defenceman with 8 points. He says he hoped to get the opportunity to play in the series and was very happy when he got the call. "My agent called me and said I was on roster team and after a couple days I saw my name online. I was so excited, I called to my parents, my dad was so happy but he said don't stop because it's just two games. (He said) I need to play right, play smart and play hard, just do my job."

Ivan Nikolishin of the Red Deer Rebels, Radel Fazleev of the Calgary Hitmen and Ivan Provorov of the Brandon Wheat Kings are the three other Russian born WHLer's that will play in the series.

Sergey says for himself, he wants to earn an invite to the Russian World Junior camp. "It's so important for me being on the national team and playing against Canada. But if I want to be in World Junior Camp I need top play right in the series and after play so good here in Regina. Just play right, don't think about World Juniors, think about Regina Pats, play right, play smart, make the team better."

Team Russia will take on Team WHL on November 9th in Kelowna and November 10th in Kamloops.

No comments: